VVCA ELECTION INFORMATION
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, THE VVCA ELECTION IS TAKING PLACE ON SATURDAY JANUARY 16th, 2021 10am-2pm
at the Val Verde Park
nominations are open starting November 12th-December 17th
Nominations can be received 3 different ways:
1) Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2)Via Mail postmarked by 12/11/2020 to
P.O. Box 4012
Castaic, CA 91310
3) Via our online form found here
Per our Bylaws, to be eligible to serve on the board you/your nominee must fulfill these requirements:
> Submit this nomination form no later than midnight on December 17th, 2020
>Nominee is 18years or older
>Nominee is a natural person or entity recognized by the State of California, who own, lease or rent real property which either:
a) is located within the boundaries of Val Verde Subdivision, or
b) has a street address on San Martinez Road, or on San Martinez Grande Canyon Road
VVCA BOARD MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
As a board member you/your nominee will be expected to:
1) Attend our community meetings which take place at 7pm on the 2nd Thursday of each month, minus any months the board decides to withhold from meeting (usually 1 or 2 months in summer and also December).
2) Read, review and follow the bylaws of the VVCA to understand its operations and role as a community advisory committee to Los Angeles County and as a representative of the community. Our bylaws can be found on our website at the bottom of our archives page - https://www.vvcivic.com/archives
3) Usually the term of office is one year for the elected board positions. However, due to the pandemic and its impact on the regular operations of the VVCA, positions for this election will begin January 2021 and end when the next annual election is held either April or May 2022.
4) Potentially chair or serve on VVCA committees such as; fundraising, land use, election, etc.
5) Conduct themselves in a professional manner, fulfill their duties as an officer, and positively represent the community.